What makes us different?
Our main requirement for our cottages is a quiet location, our properties are chosen on that basis! We could have bought properties on the highway or on busy streets, but we wouldn’t be able to sleep there with all the noise and don’t expect you would either.
We offer 2 bedroom cottages/houses/flats at an affordable price without cutting comfort. If you want affordable comfortable accommodation without all the expensive gimmicks (such as shoe shine kits, data link, food, chocolates, wine at inflated cost etc) then please consider us.
The cottages are spacious and without clutter. The beds are suited to the size of the rooms and have plenty of space around them.
There are no bunks! Our single beds are single beds. So there is no climbing to get in bed. We want you to be able to spread out, be comfortable, and enjoy your stay – not be packed in like sardines. Our decors are easy on the eye, paint schemes are light and clean pastel colours.
We have selected properties that are close to all the amenities but are away from the noise.
What we provide is clean, comfortable and affordable accommodation with all the normal facilities – Bathroom, Television, Video/DVD, Kitchen, domestic sized Fridge, Tea/Coffee making facilities, Microwave and most importantly, comfortable beds!
Not sure what a Holiday Cottage is all about?
- Undercover off street parking on site for up to 2 cars per cottage.
- Each cottage has its own Cooling and Heating.
- We provide the Bed Linen, Pillows, Doonas/Blankets and Towels.
- Each cottage has its own Washing Machine and clothes line.
- Close to supermarkets and fast food shops.
- Within comfortable walking distance of the main street.
- Far enough away from the highways that there is little traffic noise.
Per Night = $104 per night to $126 per cottage for 1 or 2 persons.
Extra person = $10 to $12
Extra child = $ 5 to $6
Per Week = $510 to $630 per cottage for 1 or 2 persons.
Extra person = $ 55 to $60
Extra child = $ 25 to $30
Weekly rate is subject to availability.
First $ amount is for longer stays, second $ amount is for shorter stays.
Please note that weekly rate is a discount applied for each 6 or 7 day period and cannot be applied to pro rata stays of part weeks.
eg. 2 weeks and 3 days is priced as 2 x weekly rate and 3 x daily rate.
2 weeks and 6 days is priced as 3 x weekly rate.
– YELLOW GUM COTTAGE may be quoted at a higher price, please see Yellow Gum page for prices.
– Prices include GST.
– There are no hidden additional charges.
– Nor will we cancel your booking in favour of somebody else who wants to stay for a longer time period.
– We do not price gouge in high season or for special events or public holidays. Quoted prices will fall within the range indicated.
– There are 2 exceptions to the above pricing:
1) If you choose to log an enquiry through a 3rd party booking service or to make a booking through them, we reserve the right to pass on to you whatever level of commission they charge us.
2) Weekly rate may not be available for the weekend of the St Pat’s races, Broken Heel Festival, Easter and/or School Holidays – a minimum number of nights stay may also apply or/and higher prices.
– Dealing direct with us via email or the telephone is by far the best way. Please be aware that bookings made through a 3rd party involves us having to pay between 10% to 25% commission: resulting in higher prices. It also takes away our direct control of bookings and therefore we reserve the right to reject any such booking.
NB: Do not take any notice of our availability that you see on “online booking sites”. For periods of high demand or problematic booking events, we block out those dates. We do this to prevent oddball bookings occuring, such as all of our cottages being booked out for one night eg. 25th December. Bookings like that denying availability to those who are looking for multi-night holiday bookings. Beside, we really don’t want to have to clean all 3 cottages on Boxing Day etc!
– We much prefer dealing with our customers directly. Please see our contact and booking details at the bottom of this page.
Blue Bush Cottage
Where are they?
Horizontal Green coloured street = Argent St (main street)
Vertical Green coloured street = Oxide St (fast food and ancillary services)
The fastest way to contact us is by phone on mobile
0418 496 480
if that number is busy or unanswered (Telstra blackspot) then you should be able to get us on
(08) 8087 8159.
Alternately, you can email us via the links below. However, please realise that the internet is subject to unpredictable outages and loss of service and this could delay us in receiving your email or in you receiving our reply.
Finally, there is good old Australia Post:
About Town Cottages
P.O. Box 364
For the “Broken Heel Festival” (September each year) we are only taking bookings of a minimum of 5 nights, the number of nights is not reducible. We have had to make this condition due to customers cancelling at the last minute but also making bookings then wanting to reduce the number of nights drastically. It costs us too much in lost business!
For further information or to make a booking please click here. Contact.
To make a booking with us via our backup email address (should there be a problem with the above email address), click this door
Deposit, Refund, Holding policy and Conditions of Stay. “Click here.”
A warning about Booking Agencies and Internet Booking Services. “Click here.”
Behind the scenes…….
If you have ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes,
then these incidents give some idea.
What our customers say about us.
Booking multiple cottages = group booking.
A word of advice – we have been in the accommodation industry since 1984, so have very much “been there done that”. It is our experience that trying to book accommodation for other people, even when they are well known to you or close relatives is difficult at best and can easily turn problematical.
Their expectations are invariably going to be different to yours. Arrival/departure dates, price, location, etc may not be to their liking.
If THEY make the booking for THEIR cottage, it gives us the opportunity to discuss their requirements and clarify what those are. Likewise, their budget may not align with yours and thus there are no awkward moments over who pays the balance owing and any imbalance eg, for an extra person or 2 in a cottage etc.
We have even seen where someone brought the neighbours kids along: without bothering to mention it to the organiser. Which meant they had to be shared around to each get a bed! There is also the issue of paying a deposit: if they fail to do so or fail to cancel then it is not your problem.
Most accommodation is for holiday purposes, there is no need to complicate it and have it turn into a hassle. We do take group bookings, but we want you to have read the above paragraphs first.
About Town Cottages Broken Hill
Holiday Cottages are situated within 12 minutes walk of the main street of Broken Hill. The cottages are spacious, without clutter, adequately heated and cooled.
322 – 324 Lane St Broken Hill, NSW
426 Beryl St Broken Hill, NSW
Phone: 0418 496 480